‘Tis the season for holiday gift shopping! For this Nests’ Nifty Nine, I’ve compiled a list of my favorite fashion and home items that I’m loving now, and even a couple things for the kids. While there is no real theme, many of these things would be great holidays gifts (hint hint). What better way to give your husband some aggressive holiday shopping tips than starting a blog and making a gift wish list??? Lisa and I are obviously quite brilliant! While there is not jewelry on this list (silly me), all joking aside, there are some good finds here.
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read our full disclosure policy.
1. I have been wanting this Serena & Lily rug for a long time. I love the simple color with the touch of metallic trim to give it a little pizzazz! And the tassels are like icing on the cake for me! It is simple, understated, and classic–maybe this year I will find a place in my nest for this rug!
2. If you follow us on Instagram (which you should, if you like lots of beautiful photography), you saw a picture of me running in these bad boys, training for my turkey trot. Pounding the pavement in the pitch-dark, cold wee hours of the morning in a good pair of running shoes is my idea of a good time (not really, but I still do it). So get yourself some good sneakers, and get out there in 2017 (sorry, that’s the coach in me talking)!
3. You may have seen me “modeling” this fabulous poncho on our Facebook page (like our page if you haven’t already!) or in this previous blog post. My sister-in-law made it at Nantucket Looms, where she is the head weaver and CPO, and I adore it. The poncho is a beautiful blue and the fit is great (not too long on my petite frame). It would look fantastic on anyone, and and would make a great gift. I have also decided that this Christmas I think it should be mine. I’ve talked with Santa and it is looking good for me this year!
4. This roomba robot vacuum is time-saving, and also back-saving for that matter! I am the ultimate multitasker, so I frequently put mine to work to get a room vacuumed while I am using the time to do the dishes, make lunches, tidy up, all at the same time. It’s a great gift for grandparents as well as working families, as it can be scheduled to run every day at a certain time. Really, you need this!
5. This adorable little dress is perfect for the holiday and New Year’s party scene for little girls ages 2-10! I love Boden dresses for myself, and I have a weakness for decking my children out in Boden clothing too, as I can’t resist the fun designs and cute prints. And because of the quality construction, the clothes usually last for hand-me-downs too–bonus!
6. You all may know I have a thing for lighting. Well, this chandelier is one of my all-time favorites! I love the circular shapes and simple lines of this modern, reasonably-priced fixture. It’s probably not the easiest holiday gift to give (unless, of course, it’s for that special someone who loves lighting fixtures…or it could look great in your own house!), but it’s one of my favorite things, so it made the list!
7. What is not to love about Legos? Any toy that keeps children quiet for hours is always welcome over at this brick nest. If you have a child who is able to keep himself/herself occupied in building projects, you just bought yourself hours of time–priceless! Feel free to use that free time to browse The Brick Nests while you wait for that miniature creation to be completed (wink wink)!
8. This canopy chair is similar to the one I recently purchased for my One Room Challenge guest bedroom makeover. I think the style of this chair is so playful yet sophisticated. This chair works perfectly for a child’s room, dining room, or cozy nook (like mine). I’m not sure if it looks like it belongs in Alice in Wonderland or The Great Gatsby, but it certainly belongs in my brick nest, and I’m loving it!
9. Who doesn’t love a well-fitting pair of jeans ? This pair fits me very well, and I am short (5’1″ on a good day), with an athletic and curvy build (aka big thighs), with a smallish waist. Someone once told me I was built like a brick house, if that gives you a visual?!? While I appreciate a well-built brick house, this is not something to say to someone…ever! Anyway, my brick house body has performed many athletic accomplishments that I am proud of, as well as housed three beautiful and healthy children, so I learned long ago to be comfortable in my
skin jeans (that will never be a size zero)! So go ahead and find yourself a well-fitting pair of jeans this holiday season!
You may now shop the Nests’ Nifty Nine on our Shop page too, so check that out! That’s all for now folks–happy holiday shopping!
- My nest is not a museum, it is a comfortable, charming, unique, fabulous home with young children. I have high-end custom pieces, vintage tag sale finds, authentic antiques, colorful prints, and basic box store staple furniture. There are many ways to add functional style to your home and I can't wait to share my ideas and inspirations with you!
- Jillian's Nest2017.10.18Art, Art, Art–The Brick Nests Office HQ Makeover (One Room Challenge Week 3)
- Jillian's Nest2017.10.11Major Painted Paneling Progress in The Brick Nests HQ (One Room Challenge Week 2)
- Jillian's Nest2017.10.04The Brick Nests HQ Office Makeover (One Room Challenge Week 1)
- Jillian's Nest2017.09.14End of Summer Hawaiian Luau Party